Social Media Manager
Role: Social Media Manager, Heist Studios
Reporting to: Head of Community
Location: Clerkenwell, London
At Heist, we believe underwear can be an instrument of progress. While many industries understand our era’s desire for autonomy, choice and freedom, women’s underwear has lagged behind. Effectively, all women are living in underwear inadequate to their time.
We believe that radical innovation in underwear design can ensure that every woman, every day, is living in underwear that allows her to progress in the way that she demands in every other area of her life. That’s why our designs are built on an understanding of how bodies move, not just how they look.
This approach led us to reimagine the most mundane wardrobe staple, a pair of tights, into a product that redefines superiority in comfort and fit for every female body. We’re now using polymer physics, computational engineering models and 3D knitwear to reinvent the rest of underwear.
We may be only two years old, but it’s already been quite a ride. Our first range reinvented the humble pair of tights, delivering 30% month-on-month growth and propelling us into the pages of almost every major European publication. We’re backed by some of the biggest investors in fashion and technology, and on a busy day, we can sell a pair of tights every 15 seconds. Even our tube adverts caused a scandal. Most importantly, we have tens of thousands of customers who genuinely love Heist and the products we develop and ship around the world.
As Social Media Manager, you will manage our global community of followers across a range of social channels. You will develop high-quality social content to effectively communicate the Heist brand story and you will build and maintain an engaged conversation with our followers.
Specifically, you will:
- Support the Head of Community in the planning and execution of the Heist social media strategy
- Structure and maintain the Heist social media calendar and plan, create and post content monthly, weekly and daily across Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- Research topics that will be relevant to our community, and leverage the Heist Creative team to produce new creative concepts and turn these into content streams, editing visual assets and copy
- Generate and maintain a constant conversation with the Heist community across Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, and build Heist’s presence on new platforms such as Pinterest
- Use audience insight to suggest and implement tactics to drive growth on social media and optimise engagement
- Conduct regular post, platform and audience analysis, and compile reports covering community growth and engagement
- Monitor industry trends, new platforms, and best practices, and present tests to improve Heist’s social coverage and engagement
We firmly believe extraordinary people come from a wide range of backgrounds, but we would expect that you have:
- A keen interest in social, content creation and brand storytelling
- A deep understanding of social media platforms including Instagram and Facebook
- Two to four years of professional experience in a similar role, with a proven track record of working with a creative team to create and implement engaging social content
- Familiarity with tools used for scheduling, reporting, publishing and analysing social media
- Strong writing and editing skills, with outstanding attention to detail and an ability to quickly grasp tone of voice
- Strong project management skills – you can handle multiple projects at once in an organized manner and can structure your time given competing priorities
The following are advantageous but not expected:
- Experience working with Adobe Photoshop
- Additional languages
We are a diverse bunch of people at Heist. That said, there are some characteristics we always look for:
- You deeply care about Heist’s mission; you have a desire to build something iconic, that will disrupt an industry, and women’s lives.
- You thrive on challenge and change; you naturally gravitate to the hardest questions first and love thinking differently to solve them.
- You are biased towards action and you’re happiest when you’re ‘getting stuff done’.
- You’re open, positive & straightforward. You’re not afraid to stand up for your convictions, even when it’s hard to do so.
- You delight in your colleagues’ successes; you grasp any opportunity for learning and constantly seek to improve.