Performance Marketing Manager
Reporting to: Head of Performance Marketing
Location: Clerkenwell, London
At Heist, we believe underwear can be an instrument of progress. While many industries understand our era’s desire for autonomy, choice and freedom, women’s underwear has lagged behind. Effectively, all women are living in underwear inadequate to their time.
We believe that radical innovation in underwear design can ensure that every woman, every day, is living in underwear that allows her to progress in the way that she demands in every other area of her life. That’s why our designs are built on an understanding of how bodies move, not just how they look.
This approach led us to reimagine the most mundane wardrobe staple, a pair of tights, into a product that redefines superiority in comfort and fit for every female body. We’re now using polymer physics, computational engineering models and 3D knitwear to reinvent the rest of underwear.
We may be only two years old, but it’s already been quite a ride. Our first range reinvented the humble pair of tights, delivering 30% month-on-month growth and propelling us into the pages of almost every major European publication. We’re backed by some of the biggest investors in fashion and technology, and on a busy day, we can sell a pair of tights every 15 seconds. Even our tube adverts caused a scandal. Most importantly, we have tens of thousands of customers who genuinely love Heist and the products we develop and ship around the world.
As a Performance Marketing Manager, you will be part of our growing in-house performance marketing team. Reporting into the Head of Performance Marketing, you will support the delivery of our strategy and manage our online customer acquisition activity.
Specifically, you will:
- Be the internal expert of online paid media channels. Your knowledge and expertise will be essential to the success of our paid media strategy and to the growth of our business. You will input into the overall paid media strategy and play a pivotal role in growing our paid media channels
- Manage the daily execution and optimisation of performance marketing activity, including, but not limited to: creative, placement and audience optimisation, bid management, ad copy optimisation, product feed optimisation and keyword analysis
- Monitor and report on Cost per Acquisition and Cost per Order results and make recommendations for improvement
- Conduct regular analysis and draw insights from the data. Run A/B and multivariate tests – plan and execute tests, summarise learnings and work with the Head of Performance Marketing to iterate tactics and strategy accordingly
- Take ownership of scaling our performance marketing channels – you will constantly seek new areas and recommend new tactics & testing opportunities
- Identify when ad creatives need to be refreshed, provide input into the creative brief and feed the performance results back to the team
- Work collaboratively with your peers in the performance marketing and the wider marketing and creative teams to ensure brand and performance marketing are aligned
We firmly believe extraordinary people come from a wide range of backgrounds, but we would expect that you have:
- Two to three years of professional experience, with a proven track record of delivering results against a CPA or a ROAS target – you are able to leverage the right optimisation tools and tactics to achieve a CPA or a ROAS target
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills – you are most at home in a data set, and are comfortable manipulating large data sets with ease
- Operational knowledge of some or all of the following platforms: Google Adwords, Google Merchant Centre, Facebook Ad Manager, Google Analytics
- A very keen interest in online advertising – you are a truly passionate digital marketer who wants to progress very quickly
- A desire to work in a fast-paced start-up
- An aptitude for working from first principles and “hack” channels to develop data-driven solutions
- A quantitative degree
We are a diverse bunch of people at Heist. That said, there are some characteristics we always look for:
- You deeply care about Heist’s mission; you have a desire to build something iconic, that will disrupt an industry, and women’s lives.
- You thrive on challenge and change; you naturally gravitate to the hardest questions first and love thinking differently to solve them.
- You are biased towards action and you’re happiest when you’re ‘getting stuff done’.
- You’re open, positive & straightforward. You’re not afraid to stand up for your convictions, even when it’s hard to do so.
- You delight in your colleagues’ successes; you grasp any opportunity for learning and constantly seek to improve.